The Simple Dollar is seeking an high energy Senior Content Manager to make our credit and credit card content the best on the internet. As senior content manager, your focus will be on working with current editorial staff and building out new teams of writers within the topics of credit and credit cards.
As a Senior Content Manager, you will have a chance to work in a truly cross-functional and remote environment spanning all aspects of digital content creation and digital marketing. You will create web pages, articles, tools and other content that help people better understand how credit affects their lives. You will analyze trends and developments in consumer credit, develop content ideas around those trends and ultimately bring your ideas to millions of readers through The Simple Dollar website.
The Senior Content Manager for Credit and Credit Cards is responsible for managing the Credit and Credit Card Content Team. This includes the creation of all new content related to credit, credit building, use of credit and credit cards. The Senior Content Manager is also responsible for oversight, management and upkeep of all existing high value credit content. Core competencies include solid writing/editing skills, intimate knowledge of the world of credit, digital marketing savviness and an interest in creative problem solving.
The Senior Content Manager will be able to build and to maintain strong cross functional partnerships with management, freelancers and technical teams. The Senior Content Manager will solve problems creatively by applying a cross section of different skills in writing, search engine optimization, content design and content marketing.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and maintain a team of staff writers, contributors, and copywriters
- Plan and execute editorial production calendar
- Hire, recruit, and evaluate the best editorial talent to join our team
- Coordinate editorial deadlines with Managing Editor
- Edit content to ensure accuracy and brand voice
- Be responsible for the final product that the world sees
- Help refine our style guide and be the voice of best practices
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of work experience in content development or content marketing
- You are a proven team builder
- You are self motivated and can excel in a remote environment
- You understand how to craft clear sentences and create excellent content
- You’re extremely critical, but move quickly and efficiently
- Writing and editing comes naturally to you, yet you’re always looking to improve your craft
- Ability to manage content projects from inception to completion
- You can immediately recognize the difference between great writing and good writing
- You have knowledge and interest in the consumer credit space
Benefits of Working at The Simple Dollar
Top of market compensation packages
- You can expect highly competitive pay - base compensation and incentive programs
- 401k - to help you build a wealthy life, we offer a top rated 401k plan with company match
Full health, dental and life insurance plans
- for all US full time employees
- all available through a highly reputable online benefits provider
Competitive paid time off program
- Including National Holidays
- Part of building a wealthy life is the balance between important, meaningful work, and spending time with the friends, family and experiences that also build value in your life.
- We offer a monthly stipend you can put towards your technology costs related to your role at The Simple Dollar
- We are huge fans of self-education and continuous learning
- We offer a monthly stipend to invest in yourself - buy books, take courses and purchase other materials that will help you develop personally and professionally.
100% Remote culture
- We look for strong, accountable self-starters and self-managers. You have the flexibility to work the way you are most productive
- Metopes are designed to get our teams out of the weeds to see the big picture
- We set goals, brainstorm new ideas and ways of doing things, and have some fun too
About The Simple Dollar
The Simple Dollar gets around 2 million visitors per month and is respected as one of the best personal finance sites on the Internet. It is ranked as a top-ten personal finance blog on Kiplinger, has a top-20 ranking on Technorati for all business/finance blogs, and is listed as a top website to help manage your finances by the Chicago Tribune. The Simple Dollar has been featured in some of the world’s largest publications, such as Inc., Forbes, The Guardian, and MSN Money.
How to Apply